Sunday, February 21, 2010

Patty Hearst Documentary Creates "Volcanic" Interest in Google Search Engine

There's a few new tools which have been recently implemented in the Google results search pages. One of them is a neat little Google Trends feature. When you search on a keyword, Google will tell you if others are also in large numbers. I was recently on an exercise bike at the gym watching a documentary on Patty Hearst the daughter of the Hearst family who was abducted by the Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA) in 1974. Patty Hearst was abducted when she was just 19.

I was too young to be caught up in the Patty Hearst story in 1974 so I was unaware of what ever happened to her. I came home and did a Google search to discover I wasn't the only one searching the Internet for info on Patty Hearst. Google Trends rates the interest "volcanic".




Turns out Patty Hearst got a 31 year prison sentence but got out after 22 months and was then pardoned by President Clinton in 2001. I had no idea what happened to Patty Hearst prior to today. A few blocks away from me in San Francisco is where her parents used to live on the corner of Mason and California Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.