Friday, February 12, 2010

John Edwards Admits He's a Narcissist

This serious looking fellow isn't just any guy, he's former Democratic nominee John Edwards. This is a guy people worked hard towards making him the next President. Imagine that, John Edwards, President of the United States?

So what's all the fuss about you might ask? Well, it seems Mr. Edwards got himself in a little trouble with his wife Elizabeth. I was pretty much ignoring this story until I learned Ms. Edwards, whose cancer-stricken, was apparently slapped around a bit by the former presidential nominee. It seems Mr. Edwards has a sex tape with his mistress floating around out there the court is demanding to obtain to place under lock and key. The judge apparently can't wait to see it. The mistress also had Mr. Edward's child.

So what is one to think about all this? The first thing that struck me is John Edwards must be a narcissist to be such a cold hearted bastard to slap his cancer stricken wife around after he cheated on her in such a demonstrative way. Turns out, it seems I'm right. John admits being a narcissist himself:

Here's John Edwards' official statement about his affair. What a revealing document this is, especially this bit:

In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up - feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare and will now work with everything I have to help my family and others who need my help.
A blogger responded to the statement in his article "Edwards: Narcissistic Twerp to the End":
Oh, vomit. What an unmanly, self-degrading statement. If you want to beat me up -- feel free. Me, me, me. I hate this therapeutic culture. Take it to Dr. Phil, you vain, narcissistic, faithless half-a-man.
The bottom line is, there are about 5% of politicians who are genuinely good. Take for instance men like Ron Paul and . . . I'm drawing a blank. The rest are criminals and con artists. Keep that in mind the next time you go to the voting booth and think you're voting for an all American good guy. The same applies for female politicians. I used to think Pelosi was a good woman too. I was wrong, so terribly wrong.

John Edwards, former Democratic Presidential nominee, clearly needs a restraining order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.