Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Cosmic Yoko Ono Sighting in San Francisco

It was really kind of twilight zonish coincidental as I was fishing around for blog article material yesterday, I came across a photo of Yoko Ono with the late John Lennon. The site was www.aishamusic.com where I was reading about all the nasty copyright infringement lawsuits filed against Madonna.

21. Madonna Stole "In Bed With Madonna"

She was also accused of ripping off John Lennon and Yoko Ono's work for use years later in one of her own rubbish projects, "In Bed With Madonna" - "Shortly after their marriage, John Lennon and Yoko Ono gave interviews from their bedroom in an attempt to promote world peace. Madonna ripped off the idea for a movie…"

What made the incident highly improbable bumping it up to the level of cosmic is that yesterday I took a look at the photo and began thinking of Yoko Ono for the first time in many years. Within two hours of seeing that photo as I walked to the San Francisco financial district, I swore I saw Yoko Ono walking in the center of a group of people on Powell and California Streets around 3:00 p.m. towards the Stanford Hotel. The first thing that came to mind is, it couldn't be her and I was obviously affected by the photo.

This evening I got around to checking on Google if Yoko Ono was listed in San Francisco for some reason. Lo and behold, she was performing in Oakland across the bay at the Noise Pop Festival! What are the odds? You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.