Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Valentine's Day Nearing - What Does It Really Mean?

I never liked Halloween or many other holidays as much as I have Valentine's Day, a day of love, chocolate and flowers!  February 14 is right around the corner.  What's most interesting is how many memories people have throughout their lives of Valentines.  We remember being kids getting the small candy little hearts with saying on them "Be Mine" and of the pretty little red boxes.

For those unaware of the history of Valentines Day, it was first connected to Christian martyrs from way back in 500 AD:

"A clubbing and decapitation of a martyr from the Catholic Church is part of the origin of this lovers' holiday." - History Behind Valentine's Day
"The day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 500 AD. It was deleted from the Roman calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI, but its religious observance is still permitted. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished." Wikipedia
Unfortunately for many guys who want to force role playing for the sake of their egos, they're not in the thoughts or hearts of many women such as myself.  I'm afraid I'm not the only one in saying "sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree" when it comes to what many guys expect.  It must be hard on the male ego and quite a culture shock to deal with reality that droves of women aren't chasing after them like the Beatles.  I guess I could understand how it's possible for men to take out their frustrations on women on the Internet as I've experienced. I've also experienced police harassment throughout the years too including lies on police reports to inflict as much pain, suffering and damages on me as possible.

It's an interesting commentary on the reality of our times, that women such as myself (1995 photo at left) would rather be honest then play a fake role of adoring someone we don't really like or find attractive at all.   Men haven't spent any money on me whatsoever throughout my life so I've never tried to gain anything financially by playing a fake role.   I've always been honest, and for that I've been hated and tormented. I came to understand a long time ago that men would rather be lied to and prefer an actress then the truth. That's just a little secret for anyone who cares to know. 

Women hurt themselves when they lie to a man for some ulterior motive and so they become corrupted.  It's much better to be honest. So on Valentine's Day I'll be perfectly honest as I always am.
"So yeah guy, I could have been your sweetheart way back when, but it would have been a lie. Will you leave me alone now please?  Stop sending me obscene emails, posting lies about me, writing up false police reports on behalf of mental patients, etc?  I don't want you or your kind. I never said "yes" to you in any form.  I stopped dating your gender back in the early 1980's! You just continually want to make it appear there's something there, when there isn't.  I really dislike and have no respect for you whatsoever."- Me
I hope the male ego is finally through with me now.  Get the message?  Has it sunk in yet? I don't want you!  You stink!  You're vile!  I prefer a dog or cat to you!  The male ego is truly a disturbing thing to have to experience, it just can't take no for an answer and wants to destroy anything for rejecting it.

I think my version of Valentine's Day is actually the most traditional and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.