Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lighten Up Sundays: Freaky Carpenters Music Videos

I was one of those appreciative of the Carpenters music duo back in the 1970's era but must admit whenever I saw them on television felt uncomfortable. There was just something not quite right about the duo being on television.  Though I loved their music, I wouldn't have even gone to a free Carpenter's concert.

With that said, the late Karen Carpenter was a much admired singer in spite of these issues I raise. In a 1982 interview,  Michael Jackson once mentioned the Carpenters as an inspiration in his musical development.  In spite of their funky visual performances, one can't underestimate the impact the Carpenters had on the music industry in the 1970's era.


I'm sorry, I've never observed the main singer not having a microphone during a performance prior to headsets so this clip is really freaky to me. They also took away her drum set leaving her arms to flop around like a rag doll.


Good music, freaky performance.


Very strange video calling upon the aliens to save earth, 
"Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft"

Good song, but this isn't eye candy in spite of the pink garb and attempts at lighting.  They essentially took away the Carpenter's original appeal by removing Karen from her drums.

It all seems so alien and strange to me now.  To her credit, Karen did improve with time, especially her appearance prior to the anorexia issue.  


For more info visit:
www.KarenCarpenter.com

Tremendous Details Of The Day Karen Died

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.