Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dinner Cruises at Lake Tahoe Are a Great Mini Cruise Idea



I'm taking a a little break from blogging today with a hilarious video clip showing what can happen on a cruise ship. I'm sure it wasn't funny to the people in the video though, especially the second half.

I've never been on a cruise before because I get sea sick easily. I once got really sick on a sail boat to Catalina Island from Redondo Beach, California. The next time I went to Catalina, I went on private plane and my stomach still felt woozy.  Catalina was so much fun with all the dangerous boars running around the shore!  The island's quite an adventure because  you have to have a boar watch group of people if you're on the beach.  Then you have to watch out for the great white sharks too if you're snorkeling around.  It's a very dangerous place, Catalina Island. There's not much vegetation there either.

Cruise ship prices have been economical for years now. I was considering taking a cruise but I've read about the people getting sick from the food in the droves and the horrendous conditions they have for their workers, and I never follow through with any plans.  I've also read about cruise ships being hit by large waves and all kinds of disaster scenarios.  I don't like the idea of being trapped on a ship unable to leave if I want too.  I guess that's why I've never really ever taken a cruise.

The kind of cruises I can handle are the dinner boat cruises at Zephyr Cove Lake Tahoe.  They take you around the lake during sunset for a couple hours and serve you a full course prime rib dinner meal.  It gives you enough of a feeling of the good life at a reasonable cost.  I've been up to Zephyr Cove every decade of my life except the 70's and it hasn't changed at all except the health of the trees, many of which are in bad shape.  It's like stepping back in time.  Hardly nothing ever changes in Lake Tahoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.