Sunday, April 22, 2012

NEW TREND: Bringing Dead Back To Life, Michael Jackson To Tour as Hologram, Muamba's Back After 78 Minute Death

It used to be the Egyptian kings from antiquity were put to rest forever, but not so these days after the digital revolution spread their image and likeness around the world. Now, according to brother Jackie, there are plans in the works for Michael Jackson to perform as a hologram on their Jackson 5 tour.  Jackie was encouraged with the late rapper artist Tupac's popular pseudo hologram back-from-the-dead performance. According to The Sun, a source close to the Jacksons said "It could be the most lucrative world tour of all time".

The Tupac back-from-the-dead video had 4 million views within 48 hours that caused YouTube to take it down though other videos have since emerged.  See Tupac Back From The Dead - The SunUK  Though they're calling the Tupac performance a hologram, it's really a 2D image enhanced by computer animation.  The process was patented in 1999 by AV Concepts. See How the Tupac 'Hologram' Works - Washington Post

I could see the hologram industry forthcoming back in the late 1990's and spoke to a few, including a chip designer at Intel, about my ideas of hologram performers at nightclubs, concert halls and even in people's living rooms.  This new technology has really been around a while, we've seen hints of its emergence at Disneyland ghost rides, but computers take it to a whole new level.  The chip designer told me that computers didn't have the power back then to do the things they're doing today.

Hologram technology is the wave of the future and a new means of life-after-death revenue for people after they're gone ensuring they're memory lives on and doesn't go stale.  A hologram imprint would be difficult to duplicate, so the work's copyright safe.  Hologram computer programmers and producers will certainly be in great demand.

Now back to real life.  A few weeks ago soccer player Fabrice Muamba, 24, died on the soccer field in front of a national audience.  He was considered clinically dead for 78 minutes and came back to life to tell his story.

"For 78 minutes I was dead and, even if I lived, was expected to have suffered brain damage," Muamba said. "But I'm very much alive and sitting here talking now. Someone up there was watching over me."
Muamba collapsed on the field 41 minutes into the match at White Hart Lane.
"I felt very slightly dizzy. It wasn't normal dizziness -- it was a kind of surreal feeling, like I was running along inside someone else's body," Muamba said. "I had no pain whatsoever. No clutching at my chest or tightness like you see when people have heart attacks in movies. Just an odd feeling that's impossible to explain. Then I started to see double. It was almost like a dream.
"I could see Spurs players running around in the distance and saw two Scott Parkers and two Luka Modrics. That was when I realized something was seriously wrong." Fabrice Muamba: I felt 'no pain' - ESPN.com

I predict the new trend will be bringing people back to life, raising the dead in one form or another.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.