Thursday, May 13, 2010

Andrew D. Basiago Discovered Life on Mars!

NASA photo taken by Spirit spacecraft in 2007

In 2008, Andrew D. Basiago wrote a letter to the president of the National Geographic Society.

 "I am writing to inform the National Geographic Society that I have discovered life on Mars" 
In his letter Mr. Basiago asked that his findings be published in National Geographic.  Mr. Basiago holds five academic degrees, including a BA in History from UCLA and a Master of Philosophy from the University of Cambridge.


This photograph was the focus of public scrutiny in January, when two anomalous human figures were spotted on the far left edge of the plateau. The figures were quickly dismissed as a natural rock formation resulting from erosion by wind, water, and time.


According to him on December 7th, Basiago made his discovery. 
"I was astonished by what I found," he said. "There, on the Red Planet, were beings in blue body suits and the abstract artwork of a Martian civilization. I was looking at the first evidence of life beyond Earth!" 
Andrew D. Basiago the Discovery of Life on Mars

Being myself a former face on mars explorer, I think Mr. Basiago may also want to take into consideration what he's possibly smoking or what he's been prescribed.  I remember the days of seeing things in my telescope that I'd draw diagrams and send them off to my brainy friend to try and do the math as to the trajectory of distances.  Needless to say, I never got any response.  

I must admit, the statue photo is intriguing.  Perhaps a pure consciousness form of life sculpted the figure showing that it was able to create such a formation long ago?  As far as claims of seeing a man in a blue body suit, I don't see it. Sometimes we see things we want to see and hear things we want to hear.  When Mr. Basiago saw the first intriguing formation he saw an opportunity, took it and ran with it.  I mean, really ran with it.

The only thing I see that is of any interest in any of the photo depictions presented in Mr. Basiago's paper, is the statue of a human being.  I also tend to see a portion of a finger pointing at me in the bottom right of the photo as well, but apparently no one sees it but me.  All the rest appears to be just a bunch of rocks to me.  Furthermore, being a former artist I know how the brain shifts from left to right brain perspectives.  You can basically see anything you want to see in rocks and their shapes if you have any artistic talent whatsoever.  







Mr. Basiago is hard to follow in this video and sounds extremely self absorbed.  I would suspect he has created this life on mars story to bring attention to himself and his brilliance. I suspect a large part of his imagination has collided with the surface of Mars.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.